Water & Sewer Services
New customers for water and sewer service are required to complete an application. Please see the Utility Application and Regulations (PDF). Complete both forms and return them to Town Hall. We offer monthly auto drafts from your designated bank account as a payment option.
A non-refundable service initiation fee of $100.00 will be assessed to all new accounts opened. This will be charged on the first bill.
Water & Sewer Rates
Water and Sewer Rates for customers of the Town of Pittsboro are established by the elected Board of Commissioners. Bills are due on the 20th of each month.
Bills that are not paid by the 20th are subject to a 15% penalty. Accounts not paid in full by the end of the month are subject to a delinquent fee of $45 and discontinuation of service. All outstanding charges shall be paid before service is resumed. Re-connection during normal business hours is included in the delinquent fee, however, re-connection after normal working hours is an additional $55 after-hours fee.
Approved Water and Wastewater Rate Schedule
The chart reflects water and sewer rates as of July 1, 2022:
|Basic Service Charge (Flat monthly fee for meter reading, billing, and accounts management)|
|Meters ≤ 1 inch||$23.00||$46.00||$20.41||$40.83|
|Meters > 1 inch||$42.26||$84.53||$37.84||$75.67|
|Plus a monthly usage fee per 1,000 gallons|
|0 to 2,000 gallons||$8.51||$17.02||$10.58||$21.16|
|2,001 to 6,000 gallons||$9.95||$19.90||$12.71||$25.42|
|> 6,000 gallons||$11.85||$23.69||$15.18||$30.36|
For water emergencies after hours or on weekends please call 919-548-3797. An after-hours fee of $55 may apply.
Bulk Water Sales
The sale of potable water can be purchased at a rate of $17.02 per 1,000 gallons. There is a $25 service fee for each trip plus the water collected.
- Hydrant Bulk Water Sales will require a refundable deposit of $1,000 and a $300 non-refundable deposit for installation and removal of the meter.
- The relocation fee is $100 and the wrench fee of $50 (refundable) if the customer doesn't provide their own wrench.
- The monthly rental fee for 1" is $150, for 2" is $250 and for 2.5" is $400.
- Hydrant Bulk Water can be purchased at a rate of $17.02 per 1,000 gallons
Annual Water Quality Reports
- View the archived Annual Water Quality Reports online.