- Long-Range Plans
Comprehensive Transportation Plan
This plan projects transportation needs in the Town of Pittsboro through 2035. The plan helps guide the Town when reviewing current planning projects and making transportation-related decisions. Several agencies collaborated to create this plan, including the following:
- Chatham County Government;
- NC Department of Transportation - Transportation Planning Branch;
- Town of Pittsboro Government;
- Triangle Area Rural Planning Organization (TARPO); and
- Wilbur Smith Associates.
Click the hyperlinks below to view the Town's Comprehensive Transportation Plan and the associated highway map.
- Pittsboro Comprehensive Transportation Plan - December 2015 (PDF)
- Pittsboro Comprehensive Transportation Plan Highway Map - July 2011 (PDF)
Land Use Plan
The Land Use Plan, adopted by the Board of Commissioners in October 2012, helps guide development and conservation decisions for the Town. The Town is in the process of updating its Land Use Plan. You can read more about that under the Land Use Plan Update section.
You can view the Land Use Plan and associated maps using the hyperlinks below. The maps have been separated and linked individually to help them load faster (except Maps 1 and 7, which are imbedded in the Land Use Plan).
- Pittsboro Land Use Plan - October 2012 (PDF)
- Future Land Use Map (PDF)
- Future Land Use Map - Town Center (PDF)
- Map 2 - Regional Context (PDF)
- Map 3 - Existing Land Use (PDF)
- Map 4 - Highways (PDF)
- Map 5 - Watersheds (PDF)
- Map 6 - Downtown Existing Land Use (PDF)
- Map 8 - Parks, Greenways, & Open Space (PDF)
- Map 9 - Future Land Use (PDF)
History of Land Use Plan Amendments
The Future Land Use Maps (for the Town overall and for Town Center) were amended on November 8, 2017.